CFO 4 Your Biz


Firm announcements and updates.

W-2's & 1099's Due January 31st


Does your business have employees or hire independent contractors to do work for you? If yes, you are required to deliver and file with the social security administration 2018 W-2's & 1099's before January 31st, 2019.

W-2's are an annual statement given to an employee if they were paid anything during the calendar year. W-2's show the employees' name, address, social security number, and the amount of wages, tips, or other income they made from a particular organization during the year. It also shows the amount of Federal Income tax, Social Security tax & Medicare tax withheld. 

1099's are annual statements given to independent contractors who were paid more than $600 a calendar year. You would also file this form for each person you paid at least $600 during the year in:

  • rents

  • prizes and awards

  • other income payments

  • medical and health care payments

  • cash payments for fish (or other aquatic life) you purchase from anyone engaged in the trade or business of catching fish

  • generally, the cash paid from a notional principal contract to an individual, partnership, or estate;

  • payments to an attorney

  • any fishing boat proceeds

Filing W-2 and 1099 forms are fairly easy if you perform payroll in house. If you hire an outside firm to do your payroll, then they could complete and file these forms for you. If you need help filing these forms give CFO 4 Your Biz a call and we will be able to assist you.