Mid Year Tax Checkup
Fidelity's article "Midyear tax check: 9 questions to ask" has great questions to ask yourself as you prepare for the 2018 tax year. Since we are half way through the year, you can gauge how much you might owe in taxes, or if you want to make estimated tax payments so you don't have to pay as much at the end of the year. Some of the key items to think about are:
1) Have you gotten a raise or are expecting more business income this year?
2) Did you change jobs or take on new jobs this year?
3) Did your marital status change or are you not able to claim a child this year?
4) Do you have a child under the age of 17 or do you have a child in college?
5) Are you ready to retire or reaching the age of 70 1/2?
If you have any of the above changes in your life, you might want to think about how they are going to affect your 2018 taxes. If you have questions or would like to discuss your tax status with Eric, call him at 402-218-1271.
Fidelity Article "Midyear tax check: 9 questions to ask" can be found here: https://www.fidelity.com/viewpoints/personal-finance/midyear-tax-checkup?ccsource=email_weekly